Looking for best gaming laptop under 1000 dollars?
If you have reasons to prefer one of these equipment to play, you must know how to make the best choice, that is why I created this guide with tips and recommendations that I hope will help you clear your doubts to the Time to buy gamer notebook.
Also read: Best 16gb i7 laptop’s
I also have an article with more general recommendations to buy the best laptop that you probably also want to read, you can also go through these gaming setup guides about: gaming desks, gaming monitors, best 4k monitors, bluetooth gaming chairs and best gaming headsets.
Top gaming laptops under $1000 dollars
Recommended laptop to play Dota 2
It was released by Valve in 2013 and is very popular among fans of online multiplayer games. Your requirements (Bottom of page) really are not spectacular, I suggest:
- Processor Core i5, AMD APU A10 or higher.
- 8GB DDR3 RAM (4GB with basic graphics options)
- Dedicated graphics of 1 or 2GB GDDR3.
Full HD 1080p or with 1 external monitor Full HD:
- Core i7 processor, AMD APU FX or higher.
- Memory of 12 or 16GB DDR3.
- Dedicated graphic of + 2GB GDDR5.
1. ASUS TUF Gaming: Best under 1000
Best 144Hz gaming laptop under 1000 dollars.
ASUS TUF is the best gaming laptop under 1000 Dollars with powerful AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor.
It has a 4GB GeForce GTX 1650 DDR6 graphics and 15.3-inch 144Hz IPS FHD display.
It has 8GB RAM and 512GB PCIe SSD. The RGB Backlit keyboard and dual fan make this gaming laptop a must have gaming laptop under $1000 dollars in USA.
2. Dell Gaming Laptop G3 with 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 graphics
Best i5 gaming laptop under 1000 dollars with dedicated graphics for High end and demanding AAA games.
Dell G3 is the best gaming laptop with latest quad-core 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8300H Processor generation processor and 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics.
It has 8GB RAM and 512GB solid-state drive. The Windows 10 already installed on this gaming laptop. Thanks to its 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti GPU, the Dell G3 has more than a pretty red face.
Key Specs: CPU: 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8300H Processor * GPU: 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 * RAM/Storage: 8GB 2666 megahertz DDR4 * Display Size/Resolution: 15.6-inch/1920 x 1080
3. Dell G7 7000: Best Value Under $1000
Dell G7 7000 is a 15.6-inch best value gaming laptop under 1000 dollars with 9th Generation Intel Core i5 3.2 GHz processor and Geforce GTX 1650 4GB Graphic Card. It has 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD.
4. ASUS ROG G531: Best Value Under $1000
Best i7 gaming laptop under $1000 dollars with 4.5GHz turbo.
Best Overall Budget Gaming Laptop: ASUS ROG G531: Key Specs: CPU: 2.6-GHz Intel Core i7 6700 HQ * GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB of VRAM *RAM/Storage: 8GB/512GB SSD * Display Size/Resolution: 15.6-inch/1920 x 1080.
If you’re looking for a gaming laptop under $1,000, the ASUS ROG G531 should be at the top of your shopping list.
ASUS ROG G531 is a 15.6-inch full HD Gaming Laptop under $1000 with powerful Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H Up to 4.5GHz processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB dedicated graphics.
It has 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. The Windows 10 OS installed on this gaming laptop.
5. ASUS TUF FX505DT Ryzen 5 Gaming Laptop
ASUS TUF FX505DT is a 15.6-inch best gaming laptop with GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics 4GB graphics and AMD Ryzen 5 R5-3550H processor.
It has 8GB RAM and 256GB Solid-State Drive.
The Windows 10 is installed on this gaming laptop. The RGB Keyboard is excellent and the dual fan system with anti-dust technology makes this budget gaming laptop more durable.
The anti glare display and 20 stroke keyboard is also good for playing games.
6. Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop with Backlit Keyboard
Acer Nitro 5 is a 15.6-inch 15 inch gaming laptop under 1000 dollars with the latest AMD 6-Core Ryzen 5-4600H Processor Up to 4.0 GHz and 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics card.
It has 8GB RAM and 256GB Solid State Drive. The IPS display and 4GB GDDR6 Dedicated Video Memory is more than enough to play games like FIFA 2020, Call of Duty and many more
7. Lenovo Ideapad L340 GTX 1650 gaming laptop
Lenovo Ideapad L340 is one of the most popular series for gaming, and they improve gaming features in new gaming laptops.
The Lenovo Ideapad L340 is a hot new gaming laptop under $1000 from Lenovo with new improvements. It has a 15.6-inch full HD display.
The latest 9th generation Intel Core i5-9300H Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and 4GB GDDR6 graphics boost up your gaming performance. It has 8GB RAM and 512GB Nvme SSD.
8. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition Gaming Laptop
Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition laptop is a full-featured laptop for the gamer.
It comes with latest Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz processor and 4GB NVIDIA GeForce 960M graphics.
It has 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive with 5400RPM hard drive rotational speed.
9. MSI GF63 Thin gaming laptop
MSI GF63 is the best lightweight laptop for gaming under 1000 dollars by well-known gaming laptop maker MSI Corp. MSI is most famous in making of gaming laptops. It comes fitted with a 9th generation Intel Core i7-9750H 3.2 GHz processor and 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics. The RAM is 8GB, and the 256GB NVMe SSD.
10 MSI GF75: best 17 inch gaming laptop under 1000 dollars
In terms of gaming, the system’s Core i5 CPU and Nvidia GTX 1650 GPU should provide solid performance on both fronts — provided you don’t try to use it with overly taxing games or work. You can use it for multitasking and even for high quality video rendering in Adobe softwares. Overall a great gaming laptop under the budget of 1000 dollars.
Key Specs: CPU: 2.5-GHz Intel Core i5-10300HQ CPU * GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 with 8GB of VRAM * RAM/Storage: 8GB/256GB M.2 SATA SSD * Display Size/Resolution: 15.6/1920 x 1080
11 HP Omen 15: Powerful gaming laptop
A very well built gaming machine from HP. Well designed and premium build quality is it’s main selling point. The 4GB GTX 1650 dedicated graphics card with the 12GB RAM combo makes this i5 gaming laptop a popular choice fo most of the new game comes.It is affordable and also provides the powerful gaming experience.
Key Specs: CPU: 2.8-GHz Intel Core i5-7700HQ CPU * GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB of VRAM * RAM/Storage: 8GB/128GB SSD and 1TB HDD * Display Size/Resolution: 15.6/1920 x 1080
12 Lenovo Ideapad 3: Best 120Hz gaming laptop
Powerful audio and an Intel Core i7 processor make the 15-inch Lenovo Ideapad 3 a formidable multimedia/gaming laptop. An excellent laptop for video editing, graphic designing and gaming. The 4.5 GHz turbo boost technology with powerful processor is a great buy.
Key Specs: CPU: Core i5-10300H * GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with 4GB of VRAM * RAM/Storage: 8GB/512GB SSD * Display Size/Resolution: 15.6-inch/1920 x 1080 120Hz display
13 Alienware 13: Small gaming laptop
Packing a 7th-gen Intel Core i5 processor and an Nvidia GeForce 1050 GPU, which should deliver good frame rates on its admittedly low-res 1366 x 768 display.
Key Specs: CPU: 2.5-GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ CPU * GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 2GB of VRAM * RAM/Storage: 8GB/180GB M.2 SATA SSD * Display Size/Resolution: 13-inch/1366 x 768.
What features should have the best laptop for games?
As for the technical characteristics, it is best that you look at some modern games that you would like to enjoy, look for your hardware requirements, do not worry about the minimums, observe the recommended ones and try to buy a notebook that has at least one 50% more in each aspect if you want to be useful for a couple of years at least. Anyway in the next section we will disaggregate component by component the best technical recommendations that I can give you.
You must be clear about what you are going to use that laptop, if it is only for games or also to work or study. If it is for the first obvious the following paragraphs and go to the next section of this guide below.
I say this because the choice of graphics card can be influenced by this factor. Also notebooks to play are usually heavy, this makes them not the type of equipment you want to carry with you everywhere.
Regarding video cards or graphics chips, there are two types, are commonly used as NVDIA Geforce or AMD Radeon that are for games and high quality video playback and professional use such as NVIDIA Quadro and AMD FirePro which are for information processing.
What is the difference? For games, what is needed is to display finished video, however professional graphics are usually used in the production tasks of the graphics that will use those videos, the resources that are needed for both cases are different, to put it in simple form , If you play you use a common one, if your work has to do with the creation and generation of very demanding graphic resources such as rendering, 3D images, CAD or similar, it is convenient for a professional.
Both offer general improvements to graphics caching, but are optimized for different tasks. Gaming cards serve the vast majority of people and gamer fans but there is a small group of professionals who will not be able to meet your computing needs with one of these, if you are aware that your situation is very particular, then choose the professional.
But against these are not the best to play, separating the profession and games in this case would be the best, but will not be for your budget.
Technical aspects to take into account to choose the best gamer notebook
Processor: This factor is extremely important, the heart of your gaming laptop will be strictly defined by a good balance between CPU, graphics chip and RAM memory. Be sure to choose one that is 4 cores and at least 2.5GHz, do not lower a Core i5 but whenever you can try to go for the best Core i7 that your budget can pay, it does not have to be the last of the last.
But if you try to choose something in the top 10 because that way you make sure you have a laptop for a good time. AMD offers the APU FX at a good price although they are not widely used by gamer equipment manufacturers and honestly for me they are not up to a Core i7. Say no to any processor other than these, regardless of the manufacturer of the laptop.
Graphic chip (“Video card”): Another component that you should not miss, it is extremely important that you place something with 2GB GDDR5 on, if your budget is short and you choose less than that do it at your risk and awareness of That you will not take advantage of the most accomplished graphics of the most modern games
. If you can go for more than 2GB GDDR5 would be excellent, keep in mind that there are already games like Shadow of Mordor that has the rude requirement of a graphics card from that amount of memory. Finally, I’m sure you’ll find a dedicated and integrated graphics chip ranking to compare one model against another.
Some latops already support 4K outputs to connect them to external monitors. The more graphics power the better.
Memory RAM: Here there is nothing to discuss, 8GB DDR4 is the minimum and if possible 16GB, DDR3 is a cheaper alternative but not recommended. Anything less is wasting all the hardware power you’d be spending on CPU and graphics.
Really 8GB might seem few, but if you consider that will be accompanied by an excellent CPU and a good amount of specialized memory in the graphics then it is compensated, anyway I recommend going for 12 or better yet 16GB. While RAM better, although for now, more than 24GB really do not consider it strictly necessary.
Screen Size: Having a good sized screen is important because if you were not forcing your eyesight, I do not think you should go for less than 15.6 “and if possible choose 17”, the problem is that the bigger the screen
The greater the weight that makes your computer less comfortable to wear, but really most gamers want a laptop is to be able to move it through different places in your home or use it occasionally when they leave it, so if you do not walk All day long with your laptop on its back the size should not be a problem
Screen Technology: Since you will spend a lot of time playing on your laptop (of course, do not deny it) you should take care of your eyes, for this there are anti-reflective screens (anti glare, matte) which reduce the reflexes that tired The view. As for technology should be LED.
Screen Resolution : I think you should have at least HD (720p / 1280×720) or better still Full HD (1080p / 1920×1080).
Hard disk: The best option are models that have two real disks, one SSD that should be 250GB and another HDD which I recommend from 1TB, the first install the software and the other is storage.
If you choose a model of a single disk I recommend you be solid state SSD as these are very fast and do not fragment, the bad thing is that they are very expensive so they commonly come from 250GB capacity, which in my opinion is Little, although there are more options with 500GB.
Do not download from those 250GB, however as you read this article those discs become increasingly cheaper. An alternative are the hybrid discs commonly called HHDD, these have a traditional hard disk HDD of mechanical plates of large capacity and a disk SSD of very little capacity,
Battery: It suits you a good battery that offers you autonomy because it really is a nuisance to be carrying the laptop all the time, why it is useful to have a laptop if you always have to have it attached to a cable.
I will not go into details of how much each component consumes because this equipment is not going to arm you, you buy it as a set, so trust in what the manufacturer says, try not to get out of the 6 hours of autonomy, 4 also serve but It is a bit short.
Keep in mind that one year your battery could lose up to half of its carrying capacity.
Sound: To enjoy your games this is essential, being able to listen to sound effects on quality speakers is almost indispensable, however the real enjoyment is to choose quality headphones and have a microphone, so you do not annoy anyone and you also manage to avoid any distraction.
You must have at least a good surround sound HD card, most gamer equipment already have this perfectly fixed.
Webcam: With the rise of online multiplayer games it is almost inconceivable to have a laptop that boasts of being a gamer and not have a good integrated webcam. This should be at least 720p resolution.
With a good pair of headphones with microphone, webcam and Skype you will solve perfectly to talk with your friends in real time. Be wise when recording with strangers on the Internet.
There are other factors that you should consider, but I have already discussed in detail in another entry of this blog, so I recommend you visit the final part of a guide to buy the best notebook. In the next section you will find some models that I hope will serve as reference.
Best gaming laptop brands and laptops
Undoubtedly, the best thing you can do in these cases is to go for teams designed specifically for this task, so here below I mention the most important models aimed directly at the gaming fans of some of the most recognized brands. Best gaming laptops under 1000 Dollars | Best gaming laptops under £1000 2017:
- Alienware: I remember that was the first manufacturer of equipment 100% gamers, their notebooks usually come with cutting edge hardware and have innumerable upgrade options, the designs are highly colorful but that yes, very particular, I have always seen them equipped with the best Of the best in CPU, RAM up to 32GB DDR4, excellent sound quality and 13 “, 15” and 17 “matte screen options with full HD resolution (1920 × 1080).
- ASUS Republic Of Gamer (ROG): For me it is the main competitor of the traditional Alienware, in many occasions I have seen ASUS ROG models being superior and at competitive prices. They come in various configurations, equipped with Core i7, DDR4 RAM of 12, 16, 24 and up to 32GB of RAM, dedicated graphics of top range, excellent sound quality and antiglare screens of 15.6 “and 17.3” with resolution Full HD.
- HP Omen: This company has its own line dedicated to the world of games, it does not enjoy as much popularity as the previous two but it is an excellent option to consider. It has elaborate equipment with an attractive design, Core i7 CPU options, high end dedicated video, very good sound, DDR4 RAM from 8GB onwards.
- MSI Gaming laptop: This company offers models at very competitive prices with options starting from i Core i5 onwards, however I suggest you stay firm on the i7. Although they are often seen as economic option equipment, the truth is that they have advanced to offer models of high hardware capabilities in all aspects.
So, what laptop to buy?
Although for many it may be a complicated question to answer, it is not really that much.
Check your budget
If money is not a problem for you, then buy the best you can because there will always be a new game that will make your current hardware fool, consider Core i7 quad-core 6th or 7th generation + 16GB DDR4 or DDR4 RAM, Dedicated graphics card of 4GB GDDR5.
Steps to choose a gaming laptop
The best thing is to see which games you are interested in, then do a little type “Game that you like requirements” and then choose a computer that is at least 50% more powerful than recommended (Eye, not the minimum) for your game more Demanding, for example, let’s say you want to play Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain , then,
- Step 1: Look for the requirements using google, in the results will come several webs, choose the one you prefer, for example, for the game I mentioned before these are the requirements : Intel Core i7 4790 , GeForce GTX-760 , DirectX11 and 8GB RAM .
- Step 2: Now you are going to look for a CPU as good or better than using benchmark to locate the score that has the “Core i7 4790” that indicated in the requirements, the idea is that any CPU with a similar or higher score will be Useful, I always support CPUBenchmark listing , there indicate a team with 10057 points.
- As this processor is for PC now we have to find in the list of processors for laptop of CPUBenchmark a CPU with a score close or better than 10057, we quickly realize that in this case the market does not suit us very well or perhaps the requirement Recommended has been exaggerated, but same, you have some near the 10,000 points. This data you will use later when you already have some potential laptops seen to buy.
- Step 3: Look for a graph, in the ranking that I placed before graphic chips, we look for the GTX-760 for which we are told that the equivalent version for laptop is the GTX-760M which is 2GB and was rated with 3565 points, as well You choose a better one, for example the GTX-950M is 4GB and even more importantly, it has 5100 points which is almost 50% more.
- Step 4: Find the RAM, this is much easier, you know that although it is not indicated should be DDR3 1600MHz or DDR4, then, 12 GB would be 50% more than the recommended 8GB.
- Step 5: Find a laptop with these specifications, although you do not have to buy it on Amazon, your filters will help you do a quick reference search. The most complicated part is the CPU, when you have some models of notebooks compare their processors against the Benchmark of step 2 or simply type in Google “CPU 1 vs CPU 2”, I guess you are a super smart person, but just remember that “X “And” Y “are the CPU models to compare.
- Step 6: Now that you have reference teams, is the budget enough? If the answer is yes, then go ahead, otherwise, choose the notebook that you can afford to buy that comes closest to the recommended requirements, the closer you are to the minimum you are likely to sacrifice some graphics performance when you are playing, but that Yes, never choose one below the minimum requirements, and if you do, do so at your own risk.